VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Category : Vacancy |
Sub Category : Vacancy Posted on 2020-09-20 22:20:44
Disabled and HIV/AIDS Organization Lesotho (DHAOL) is a non-governmental organization aimed at providing comprehensive care and support to people affected and infected by HIV and persons with disabilities and also to create an enabling environment of society free from all types of exploitation, stigmatization and discrimination of HIV and TB using human rights approach.
DHAOL Seeks to appoint a competent Program coordinator to be based in Maseru
Job Title: Program coordinator
Location: DHAOL Maseru office
Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience.
Employment Type: Fixed-term contract
Job Grade: B4
Responsibilities of Program coordinator
• Support the development and/or updating of the work plans,
guidelines and standard operating procedures for guiding
effective delivery of program activities.
• Oversee and support effective execution of planned program activities by the organisation including continuously supporting timely troubleshooting and resolution of program-related challenges and bottlenecks;
• Support development and implementation of innovative social mobilization and demand creation activities for increasing the demand and uptake of HIV prevention and care services in Maseru
• Support development of effective strategies to improve linkages and referrals of key populations to HIV prevention, treatment, care and support services available at both facility and community levels in Maseru.
• In collaboration with Pact ensure reduction of barriers to obtaining clinical PrEP care/services and integrate PrEP in peer navigation, in the development of tools and materials promoting PrEP resources and services.
• Support the targeted demand creation and conduct PrEP outreach activities with at-risk communities and participate in meetings/initiative centered training of staff on PrEP service delivery.
• Lead the mobilization of program partners and stakeholders, and establishment of partnerships, collaborations and synergies for improving program implementation and development;
• Participate in provision of trainings, mentoring and coaching to program staff •Undertake targeted, periodic supportive supervision to the program staff to promote increased mentorship, joint problem-solving, effective communication and overall improved work performance at program and site levels;
• Contribute to the preparation of program reports; and, participate in the documentation and dissemination of project results, lessons and areas of best practices; document capacity building support for organization.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in health, or social sciences,
or related fields.
• A minimum of five years of work experience in
implementation of community-based HIV and AIDS
prevention, care and support programs. Experience of working
in USG/USAID -funded programs and experience, in a
supervisory role, will be an added advantage.
• Experience in provision of technical support to HIV/AIDS-
related programs. Experience with HIV and AIDS interventions
for key populations will be an added advantage
• Strong and demonstrated experience in supporting HIV
prevention, care and support programs in Lesotho and in the
region. Experience working in HIV prevention, care and support
programs for key populations will be an added advantage.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Good training, mentorship and coaching skills.
• Good analytical and report writing skills.
• Proven ability to work effectively and independently as a
member of a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment.
• Competency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Outlook and Internet skills
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, and to travel
domestically, and on short notice when necessary.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should address their detailed applications, including Curriculum Vitae (CV), certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts and names of three (3) professional referees to: DHAOL
via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Write Position you are applying for at the subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The closing date for receiving the application is Tuesday 22nd September 2020 at 12noon.
No hand delivered applications shall be accepted.