VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR HTS COUNSELLORS (4)
Category : Vacancy |
Sub Category : Vacancy Posted on 2020-09-20 22:24:36
Disabled and HIV/AIDS Organization Lesotho (DHAOL) is a non-governmental organization aimed at providing comprehensive care and support to people affected and infected by HIV and persons with disabilities and also to create an enabling environment of society free from all types of exploitation, stigmatization and discrimination of HIV and TB using human rights approach.
DHAOL Seeks to appoint (4) competent HTS counsellor s to be based in Maseru
Job Title: HTS counsellor (4)
Location: DHAOL Maseru office
Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience.
Employment Type: Fixed-term contract
Job Grade: A1
HTS counsellor position background
The HTS counsellor will be responsible for assisting the key populations (KPs) reached within the program to access HIV testing services (HTS). In collaboration with the other peer staff at the program sites, and community and facility-based service providers within the network, the HTS counsellor will support linkage to care. Also, HTS counsellor will be responsible to distribute HIV self-testing and ensure linkage to appropriate services for beneficiaries that include female sex workers (FSW)/men who have sex with men (MSM) and transgender persons (TGs).
• Conduct comprehensive health screening and risk assessment
for all clients to determine the need for HIV testing and for
referral to other HIV services;
• Provide health education and literacy sessions to clients at the
Resources Center and in the hotspots (Zones) on HIV/AIDS
• Carry out pre-test counselling, rapid testing for HIV anti-body,
and post-test counselling of female sex workers in line with
the national HTS guidelines, protocols and procedures
provision of HIV Self-Testing and index testing.
• Link and refer clients for ART and PrEP services, and to other
• Provide adherence support to PrEP and ART clients as well as
referring ART clients for viral load services
• Fill up all HTS data collection tools (Client Health Wellness File)
and all relevant Registers (Index, TB, Exposed infant, Re- testing
etc) in line with the services provided to clients.
• Participate and contribute to HIV testing quality assurance
• Prepare and provide weekly and monthly reports to Pact
• Maintain collaborations and linkages with other clinical health
providers and other partners within the testing sites, the
community or zones where hotspots for MSM located.
• Provide guilty HTS service in line with the National HTS
guidelines at all times.
• Maintain the highest level of good conduct and
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Must have non-judgmental, trustworthy and empathetic
• Must be an open member of the LGBTI community/Must be
part of the community of female sex workers
• Should be comfortable discussing issues of HIV/AIDS,
sexuality, reproductive health as well as sexual orientation and
• Should have the ability to handle a large workload in a
professional, timely manner
• Must have basic computer skills including use of Microsoft
applications (Ms. Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours and days of the
week, including weekends
• Ability to travel as and when required, and to work in
Education and Experience:
• Must have completed a senior high school certificate (i.e.
COSC, LGCSE or equivalent)
• Must have a minimum of one (1) year of work experience in
HIV prevention and care programs or related work. Prior
training as a HTS provider for a KP HIV prevention, care and
support program will be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should address their detailed applications, including Curriculum Vitae (CV), certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts and names of three (3) professional referees to: DHAOL
via email: email@example.com
NB: Write Position you are applying for at the subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The closing date for receiving the application is Tuesday 22nd September 2020 at 12noon.
No hand delivered applications shall be accepted.