RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
Key responsibilities peer educators:
• Establishing good relationships with the MSM and TGs at
different hot spots
• Provide health education sessions to other female sex workers
at the Resource center and different hot spots/zones, on the
following topics, (HIV and AIDS, TB, PrEP, PEP, STIs, HIV Self
Testing, GBV, Condom use).
• Conduct project activities through implementation of IPC
• Conduct Micro planning exercise through implementation of 3
• Create demand for the following health services, HIV Testing,
HIV Self Testing, TB screening, STI screening and management,
Family planning, Cancer screening, and regular condom use.
• Providing referrals for HIV testing, HIV Self Testing, TB
screening, STI screening and management, Family planning,
Cancer screening, and regular condom use.
• Linking those who tested positive for ART initiation and those
who tested Negative for PreP initiation.
• Distributing condoms, lubricants and IEC materials to other
female sex workers and the hot spots/zones.
• Attend and submit weekly and monthly meetings to Referrals
and Linkages Officer and M&E Officer.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must have non-judgmental, trustworthy and empathetic
• Must be an open member of the LGBTI community/Must be
part of the community of female sex workers.
• Should be comfortable discussing issues of HIV/AIDS,
sexuality, reproductive health as well as sexual orientation and
• Should have the ability to handle a large workload in a
professional, timely manner.
• Must have basic computer skills including use of Microsoft
applications (Ms. Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours and days of the
week, including weekends.
• Ability to travel as and when required, and to work in