Category : Vacancy | Sub Category : Vacancy Posted on 2020-09-20 21:45:57
Disabled and HIV/AIDS Organization Lesotho (DHAOL) is a non-governmental organization aimed at providing comprehensive care and support to people affected and infected by HIV and persons with disabilities and also to create an enabling environment of society free from all types of exploitation, stigmatization and discrimination of HIV and TB using human rights approach.
DHAOL Seeks to appoint a Driver to be based in Maseru
Job Title: Driver
Location: DHAOL Maseru office
Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ experience.
Employment Type: Fixed-term contract
Job Grade: B2
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
As the project driver, the incumbent shall execute the following responsibilities:
· To advice and oversee the maintenance and service needs for vehicles.
· To transport staff, office guests as well as equipment to and from locations as necessary, observing all the safety protocols and standards
· Provide advice to management on systems improvements to cut vehicle related costs and inefficiencies and increase performance;
· Keep detailed records of vehicle usage, including mileage, logbooks, registration expiry dates and maintenance dates and schedules.
· Always check the conditions of the vehicles to ensure that mechanical and safety emergency equipment is in place and operating effectively.
· DHAOL vehicle is an extension office, therefore it is important to keep it clean and free from all forms of drugs.
· Ensure the logbooks are signed by the respective supervisors before embarking on any trip and that the vehicles are packed no later than the times stated in the vehicles management policy
· To perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Basic requirements and attributes
• Demonstrates strong communication skills in English and Sesotho
• Experience driving in hard to reach terrain.
• Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different cultures, attitudes and personality while maintaining professionalism.
• Ability to observe all the written policies and procedures of the organization and all traffic related rules and regulations.
· Minimum COSC or equivalent qualification
· Defensive driving certificate will be advantageous.
· Experience driving in a similar organizations or companies will be an added advantage.
· 3 years minimum professional driving experience in similar setting
· General knowledge of vehicle operations.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, submit your CV and a motivational letter together with copies of educational certificates and valid driver’s at email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 23rd September 2020 at 17:00hrs.
Please Note that no hand delivered applications shall be accepted.