Category : Vacancy | Sub Category : Vacancy Posted on 2020-09-20 22:02:57
Disabled and HIV/AIDS Organization Lesotho (DHAOL) is a non-governmental organization aimed at providing comprehensive care and support to people affected and infected by HIV and persons with disabilities and also to create an enabling environment of society free from all types of exploitation, stigmatization and discrimination of HIV and TB using human rights approach.
DHAOL Seeks to appoint a competent Finance and Administration Assistant to be based in Maseru
Location: DHAOL Maseru office
Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Related field.
Employment Type: Fixed-term contract
Job Grade: B2
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
As the finance and administration assistant, the incumbent shall be responsible for:
• Sourcing quotations for all the procurements and performing analysis of vendor selections.
• Preparing the purchase orders and submitting to the finance & administration officer for review.
• Maintaining an up-to-date cash book for all the payments in a month and ensure sufficient cash to meet operations.
• Coordinates with other departments to ensure the correctness and accuracy in filling of the purchase requisitions and that the correct codes and projects have been charged.
• Responsible for proper filing of all the finance and grants-related documents including maintenance of electronic copies of all the project documents and other back-up systems.
• Assist staff to properly fill in the advances request forms as well as following up to ensure staff liquidate advances timely as per the travel and advances policy.
• Maintaining petty cash for the office and ensuring disbursements from petty cash are done for only approved and bona-fide transactions.
• Updates the fixed asset register whenever new assets are bought and reviews it for accuracy.
• Compiling payments documents and ensuring the sufficiency of all the supporting documents prior to processing and ensure proper coding as per the applicable chart of accounts.
• Handles the banking transactions which includes depositing of advance balances on a weekly basis
• Assist the finance & administration officer in preparing all the project-related financial reports
• Diploma in business management, administration or a related field.
• At least 2 years’ experience in a Finance and Administration role.
• Fluency in English (both oral and written).
• Strong computer skills and competency in Microsoft packages.
• Good organization and communication skills
• Ability to work in a faced paced environment and meet the set deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail and good numeracy skills.
• Strong work ethic and commitment to accountability and transparency.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, submit your CV and a motivational letter together with copies of educational certificates at email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 23rd September 2020 at 17:00hrs.
Please Note that no hand delivered applications shall be accepted.